Homity Sweet Potato Pie
- Coconut oil/Olive oil
- 340g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 225g onions, chopped
- 225g leeks, thinly sliced
- 198g peas
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- A handful of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 85ml of vegetable stock (low salt)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chili flakes for added kick! (Optional)
Preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Heat coconut oil in an ovenproof dish.
Boil potatoes until until tender. Drain return to the pan and mash. Set aside until needed.
Heat some coconut oil in a pan and and stir-fry the onions, leeks and peas over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
Add the mashed potatoes, garlic, parsley, thyme eggs, stock, season and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared ovenproof dish.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.Posted on: September 10, 2013, by : Sindy Matthews